What is Corene?
The material used for the manufacture of Corene™ offers the following specificities:
- A look, feel and finish virtually indistinguishable from ebony in its color and structure
- Resistance to acidity found in hand and fingers perspiration, reducing the need to correct the surface of the fingerboard
- Excellent dimensional stability, not affected by humidity and temperature changes
- Mechanical characteristic comparable to ebony, providing strength and the sensation of uniform elasticity, especially in higher finger positions
- Surface hardness and mass volume equivalent to ebony, qualities essential for a sharp and clear tone
Corene™ fingerboards can be worked as ebony; the material is completely homogeneous which makes it very pleasant to work with traditional tools and traditional violin making methods.
Corene™ fingerboards are designed in Switzerland, machined with an accuracy of +/- 0.1 mm and supplied with all the finely visible surfaces, black ebony, uniform and revealing a slightly veined structure.