Corene Fingerboards Specs
Chemical Family: Cured Phenol-formaldehyde
Product Use: Various within modelling and pattern making industries.
Hazard Statement: (This material safety data sheet (MSDS) has been prepared in compliance with the Federal OSHA Hazard Communication Standard 29 CFR 910.1200) This product in not considered to be a hazardous chemical under that standard.
Appearance: Tan, odorless flat sheets
Percent Volatile: 0 (zero)
Solubility: Insoluble in water
Specific Gravity: 1.24
Our material is made of an eco-composite material without volatile organic compound.
Corene fingerboards do not contain any of the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons listed below:
- Benzo[a]pyrene (CAS no. 50-32-8)
- Benzo[a]antracene (CAS no. 56-55-3)
- Benzo[b]flouranthene (CAS no. 205-99-2)
- Benzo[k]flouranthene (CAS no. 207-08-9)
- Benzo[e]pyrene (CAS no. 192-97-2)
- Chrysene (CAS no. 218-01-9)
- Benzo[j]flouranthene (CAS no. 205-82-3)
- Dipenzo[a,h]anthracene (CAS no. 53-70-3)
Fingerboard Variation Range
Please view this page on a larger screen to access specifications for all fingerboards.
Corene™ Fingerboard Range
The Corene™ fingerboards are designed for stringed instruments such as violin, viola, cello and bass.
The principle of our range is the same for each instrument.
Our range is organized around a standard shape and offers variations along two axis:
- The weight of the fingerboard, in direction of lightness. It is obtained by working on the glue notch, the depth and length of the recess and the overall thickness of the fingerboard.
- The ability to offer a small material over-thickness, in order to have a little room to adapt the fingerboard to the specific geometry of each instrument.
The goal is to provide some variants which will fit as close as possible to each particular need and will allow the best compromise between the support given by the geometrical accuracy of our product and the need for over-thickness required to adapt the fingerboard to the instrument.
Both under and upper surfaces of the fingerboard are already finished with high precision and according to the variant chosen, both flanks are straight or already curved.